ONLINE SUNDAY SCHOOL
Sunset Kids is now meeting on Zoom for online Sunday school. At 10 am every week, we encourage you to get your kids connected to their class for community, growth, and fun!
ONLINE PRESCHOOL CLASS
We have a new preschool class on Sundays at 9:15 am! This will be a short, 20-minute class with all of our activities designed to engage and grow in God. This class is geared toward 3-5-year-olds, but all littles are welcome. Please contact Melissa Andersen for both elementary and preschool Zoom links.
Our desire is for every child, no matter how young, to experience church as a safe and comfortable place where they belong as part of God’s family. Our curriculum, Orange FirstLook, emphasizes three basic truths we impress through our stories, crafts, games, and playtime: God made me, God loves me, and Jesus wants to be my friend forever.
We give out care packages to families with new babies. If you or someone you know would like to receive a Bundle of Joy please fill out this form >
K - 4TH GRADE
Our program for K-4th grade students includes 3 major elements; praise and worship, large group teaching; small group activities and prayer. We utilize a web-based curriculum published by “The reThink Group” called Orange. There are 3 core truths we want kids to know:
- I can trust God no matter what – because the Bible is the source of wisdom and truth. (Wisdom & Character)
- I need to make the wise choice – because what I learn from the Bible applies to my daily life. (Faith)
- I should treat others the way I want to be treated – because my relationships with my small group leaders and friends matter. (Friendship & Relationship)
Most kids form their entire idea of whom God is and choose whether or not they will have a relationship with Him before leaving 5th grade. To this end, we strive to provide students with the understanding and tools needed to continue their spiritual journey and “next steps” into middle school. The program includes 2 elements; Inductive Bible Study & Divin’ In Series.
- Bible Study – 5th graders participate in an inductive study of some of the New Testament Books of the Bible (Philemon, Ephesians, Philippians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, James). These studies help students “study” truths in the Bible, and apply them to their lives. The study takes place in a “small group discussion” format.
- Divin’ In – A 10-week interactive class designed to help kids explore and build upon their spiritual growth as they learn about God’s Master Plan, His Word and His expectations of us as believers. Some of the topics covered include Creation, the Trinity, Sin, the Bible, the Holy Spirit, Spiritual Gifts, Worship, Prayer, how to study the Bible, and much more.