Dear Sunset Family,
On Sunday, May 23, Pastor Steve announced that we are in a period of ever-changing guidelines in response to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Oregon Health Authority's (OHA) updated guidances. Washington County went down to the lower-risk category, so we are implementing new guidelines starting on Sunday, May 30, which are listed below:
- Sunset will serve at 75% capacity.
- We will no longer require registrations to attend our in-person worship services. Please invite your family and friends to attend if they feel comfortable!
- Those who have been fully vaccinated are not required to wear masks to attend a Sunday service in the sanctuary. Please continue to wear masks if you are not vaccinated or if you feel more comfortable with one. Wearing masks is always welcome!
- We will continue to maintain physical distancing throughout the sanctuary.
- Children & Youth Ministries will continue to require masks due to the OHA's guidelines. We will let you know if any updates on this guideline occur.
- Our Children & Youth Ministries will continue to require registrations.
We are fully committed to our live stream services, and this option will still continue to be available each week! You can watch from home, or wherever, if it's more comfortable for you. We also ask that you stay home from an in-person service if you feel under the weather.
In terms of our different ministries, we are creating a detailed document for ministry leaders to clearly communicate what is allowed at the current moment. Please understand that even though Sunset is a faith-based organization, we have multiple ministries operating as other organizations — resulting in different guidelines to follow. Again, your ministry coordinator will have the document soon, but we thank you for your understanding and patience.
Our in-person gatherings will look different moving forward with some people wearing masks and others not wearing one. We understand that it may feel strange and uncomfortable. With these decisions and changes, we pray that we will be gracious toward one another — expressing the love of God to our neighbors as He has loved us. We are one step closer to "normal," and we will continue to update you with any changes to our guidelines.
God bless you,
Sunset Presbyterian Church